Last summer Yasmine walked into my yogastudio, sunkissed by the sun and with a big smile on her pretty face. Yasmine went with me on a yoga and kitesurf weekend the year before, that’s how we met. She just came back from another surfing trip. She had spent some time in Morocco and stayed with really nice people in an amazing riad in Essaouira. She knows I’m always looking for interesting places to organize my yoga retreats, so she just came into the studio to let me know about Riad Les Deux Mondes. According to her, it’s the perfect spot for a yoga retreat.
And so I contacted the owners of the riad and one Skype call later we came to an agreement! Anne, a French naturopath, settled down in Morocco and running this pretty place. She is serving her guests fresh and biologic veggies from her garden. Me like a lot!
What can you expect?
One week under the healing Sun, your body being stretched, strengthened and purified with yoga and Ayurvedic practices. We nurture ourselves with the healthy meals made with love by Anne and her crew. We fill up on some vitamin Sea and explore a bit what Essaouira has to offer.
The main theme of the week is “PURIFICATION” where we try to not only purify our bodies, but also our mind and emotions. I invite you to minimize your screen time (or even turn off your phone for the entire week) and enjoy the company, a good book, the meditation sessions we offer or feed your intellectual body during one of the workshops.
I am very much intrigued by energy. I am happy to share with you how the energy system in our body works (chakras), our more subtle bodies and how energy around us affects us.
Who am I?
Adriana Stan, a yoga teacher bitten by the travel bug. I think my purpose in this life is to bring lightness to myself and others. I own a yoga studio in Belgium, where I also offer different treatments like massages, foot reflexology and reiki healings. I love traveling, I love delicious and healthy food. I’ve been a vegetarian for over 3 years and I try as much as I can to eat vegan.
Where are we staying?
Riad Les Deux Mondes in Essaouira, 15 minutes away from the Sea, 20 minutes away from Essaouira airport and 2,5 hours drive away from Marrakech airport. You can fly to Marrakech and add an extra citytrip to the yogaweek, just like I do. From Marrakech you can easily take a bus to Essaouira.
The riad has a pool, free of use, and a hammam and infra red sauna, at extra charge. There is a therapy room for massages
FRIDAY JUNE 7th
- arrival and welcome with a cup of tea
- short tour around the riad, your room and getting to know each other
- soft session around “grounding”
SATURDAY to THURSDAY
- no early morning wake-up calls, you can sleep in, you’re not only on yoga retreat but also here to rest. a good and long night sleep is important for your body and mind to recover
- YANG yoga session to fill up with energy for the day
- free time on days we’re not on excursion
- workshops about detoxing or energy
- tea time with Moroccan treats
- optional meditation session – if you feel llike it
- free time
- evening session YIN style (prepare to be surprised: soft stretching, pranayama, meditation, chanting, yoga nidra, …)
NOTE: every day will look different, 2 days we are going on exploration to Essaouira and a guided walk; those days there will be less free time at the riad. What we offer is a choice, not an obligation. If you need something else that day, please listen to your body and do what is best for you.
FRIDAY JUNE 14th
- morning yoga – time to say goodbye
- until 14/2 early bird price € 999
- as from 15/2 € 1.099
- a € 500 deposit is required when booking, to reserve your spot, the balance can be paid one month later, unless you book less than 1 month before start
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 7 nights in a shared room (supplement of € 150 for single use)
- breakfast brunch, tea time with fruit and sweets and dinner
- daily yoga classes
- detox workshops
- exploration to Essaouira
- guided walk
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- flight and transfer to riad (we can help you coordinate a shared taxi with other attendants)
- travel insurance
- personal expenses, tips
- use of hammam and infra red sauna
QUESTIONS or BOOKINGS
Mail me! firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your details and I will contact you.